Sunday 1 December 2013

COP3// DSI Dragonfly Insignia

The Dragonfly missions aim is to follow in the footsteps of Firefly but go one stage further. Here the small asteroid will be captured and bought back to earth for analysis. I have used a similar design to the firefly illustration for the dragonfly with the exception of the wings being outlined due to there translucent nature.
The process of designing this version was much simpler as I had explored the layout of the insignia during the Firefly development. Here I am just experimenting with layout and colouration. I have used the same illustration of the earth and moon to place the satellite in orbit visually. One concern with this design is that the DSI logo has to appear over the illustrations tail this time, however with the addition of a stroke the mark is still readable. I have inverted the shape of the coloured portion of the insignia here to follow the ridges in the bugs tail, I have also experimented with which colour combination to opt for. I have decided to go with the dark grey as the space portion of the design but the second colour is as of yet undecided and will go to the Crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment