Saturday 19 January 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT// Design Inspiration

Japanese posters always feel very decorative and well balanced to me. I can appreciate but down really enjoy overly minimalist design as much as some of these Japanese offerings.

What I appreciate about this poster is the great use of colour, an ivy green mixed in with gold and black is very bold yet the composition of the poster does not allow it to become garish. I also like the folk-loresque style of the illustration and the huge amount of text.

So this poster is more minimalist, it was designed for an art college in Japan in 2006 and would look much older if it weren't for the spots (flags) covering the text.

An illustrative Japanese movie poster. I'm not so interested in the design here as much as the opportunity to sceenprint the design.

Movie style wartime exhibition poster from Japan. The style here comes from the red/blue colouration and simple imagery and layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment