Thursday 21 March 2013

WHAT IS GOOD?// Other Space Agency Logos

The current official UK Space Agency logo is a mess in my own opinion. Firstly the whole thing is a horrible mix of misguided nationalism and poorly constructed design. For example why is UK SPACE so large, why is agency just shoved into the corner and why has the designer used Gill Sans to brand an agency which needs to promote forward thinking, high tech, humanist principles. At the moment I think the logo says 'we are just another branch of the governments plan to bureaucratically waste money with our poor judgement and lazy decisions.' whereas I want the logo for the UKSA to promote the organisation in the exciting and respectful way that it deserves. Saying that the other space agencies visual identities aren't up to much either and range from bland to terrible in my opinion, with the exception of the old NASA worm logo which I think really looked the part. However the UKSA has so much potential, so as part of this project I would love to do a redesign to see how I think they compare.

Euro Space Agency


India

Japan


70s-80s Nasa


Russian


Canadian


Current and Old Nasa

Ukrainian

No comments:

Post a Comment