Tuesday 10 April 2012

THEORY INTO PRACTICE// Semiotics Pt.2

For the publication I need to work to a dps with the dimensions of 289x380mm landscape. I'm planning on getting the publication printed by The Newspaper Club so this rule needs to be stuck to religiously. I also have to leave a 15mm margin around the work so the printer doesn't chew up all the paper.  

Here I actually tried a different header style for the semiotics page. However I feel if there isn't a common theme running through the paper the whole thing will look a mess, on account of the puzzles, especially this one, being so colourful and diverse.

Working with this I have set out to make sure each title is uniform. I have also placed the signs and symbols on the right page and their respective labels on the left. The user can draw the line over the fold.

Here I have simply increased the kern on the title and shifted the design about to it appears more balanced.

It is important to note that I am leaving some blank space on each design for the descriptive text on the left next to the title, which will describe the puzzle and the theory behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment